Tempo develop Time Credits programmes that achieve positive impact for organisations, communities and individuals. We always work with partners, including local authorities, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Health Boards, housing providers, health and social care providers, schools and voluntary organisations.
PARTNER WITH TEMPO
In a Time Credits programme, Tempo works with organisations or services in a community to use Time Credits to engage new people and thank volunteers. We work with them to co-design and embed Time Credits into how they engage with people and deliver activities and services. We also develop a local network of spend partners that volunteers can access with Time Credits.
“Honestly, the experience of going to just one of those attractions is worth a whole year of happiness… What today means to me is just indescribable. I wouldn’t have been able to do anything like this without Time Credits.” Time Credits volunteer
Did you know?
- Nearly 700 venues are now accepting Time Credits across England & Wales
- Over 355,000 Time Credits have been spent to date
- Over 50% of people earning Time Credits are new to regular volunteering
TIME CREDITS PROGRAMME DESIGN
A Time Credits programme usually focuses on a community or place and has a specific outcomes focus, such as community resilience or substance use recovery. If you are interested in developing and funding a Time Credits programme, our business development team will work with you to identify your focus community and priority outcomes.
Examples of Time Credits programme focus:
- Increase volunteering and participation among housing tenants
- Build people’s confidence and skills to increase employability
- Reduce social isolation experienced by older people
- Support mental health or substance use recovery
Our work includes the following sectors:
Mental Health | Substance Use Recovery | Resident Engagement (housing) | Homelessness | Community social action | Social isolation | Active ageing and independence | Active citizenship and volunteering | Skills & Employability
Jude Luckett, Development Director
email@example.com | 0744 641 0377
EXAMPLE: CAMBRIDGESHIRE TIME CREDITS
Tempo work with community groups and public services across the county to engage more local people in volunteering and stimulate community activity, focusing on groups at risk of isolation.
336 people gave 5000 hours in the first year, growing to 2353 people by year 4 with 71,200 hours given through 83 community groups and organisations.
- 81% of members surveyed felt more positive about the future
- 78% felt more confident
- 82% reported improved quality of life
- 64% took part in more community activity
SPECIALIST EXAMPLE: HARINGEY TIME CREDITS (SUBSTANCE MISUSE)
Tempo work with drug and alcohol treatment and recovery services in Haringey to engage people in community activity that supports their sustained recovery.
233 people gave 6000 hours in the first year, growing to 610 people by year 4 with 22,000 hours given through 21 services.
- 61% of members surveyed were new to regular volunteering
- 96% reported improved quality of life
- 59% reported less need to use social care services
- 76% made new friends